Thursday 15 May 2014

First chemo run...will this get me banned from the Olympics?

Went for a four and a half mile run tonight and it was absolutely glorious. What a beautiful evening. For those of you who know the area I started at the University's Sports Training Village and ran through the woodland trail behind the residences. I then ran to Sham Castle and turned right towards the golf course which I crossed then skirted the course keeping to the contour of the down. I crossed the course again running past the reservoir and joined Bushy Norwood at the far end as it drops into the woods. Ran Bushy the easy way (downhill) and through the wooded area back to the STV. Picked up my free Bath Chronicle and jogged back home.

It did feel good to be out in the warm evening sunshine and whilst running the mild nausea I've been feeling all day was in check. Must be something to do with the nerve endings in the stomach being distracted by the exertion of running.

Still a few finger problems but definitely they have lessened, as have the awful sicky waves. Or perhaps I've just got used to them but I think it is happily the former. Sweet stuff still tastes dreadful and cold food and drink a no no as it sets off a painful reaction in my jaw which meant I had to have warm squash on my return from my run.

A good meal of lamb, jacket potato and home grown purple sprouting broccoli (the last of the year according to Alan) cooked by my wonderful husband and my last pills of the day. Now for posting this and winding down for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment